Benefits of saving with us:
- Regular savings—you can choose the amount you save and you have the choice of saving regular amounts monthly or weekly, whatever works best for you.
- Online account access—all members have 24 hour online access so you can check your balance and watch your savings grow.
- Savings are safe—Through the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, members’ savings are 100% protected. In respect of deposits, an eligible depositor is entitled to claim up to £85,000.
- Supporting your local community—saving with us helps us lend to those in need. It’s your money and you are helping others at the same time!
Members can save through setting up a standing order or Employer payroll deduction scheme.
Members can also make an one off payment via bank transfer, using as a reference their membership number and the bank details are as follow:
Sort code: 089299
In addition to our regular savings account for adult members we also have other savings account products.
- Christmas Savings—additional accounts to enable you to save for Christmas or other special purchases or occasions.
- Junior Savers—accounts for under 16s.
You can withdraw your savings at any time by completing a share withdrawal from via the members’ online secure area. Payments are normally made by bank transfer free of charge within five working days of a request being received, however may take a little longer if demand is high so please give as much advance notice as possible.
Once a loan is granted, members will not be able to withdraw shares, unless the value of the shares is in excess of the loan balance repayable and payments are not in arrears.
There is also an option to apply for a loan, rather than to withdraw savings, and this may be a better option for some members so that savings are maintained for emergencies.
Members of Swan Credit Union can also now request an Engage card, which can be used in shops or withdraw money from cash machines. The card will be pre-loaded with your savings so you can use the money in your account directly, however there will be no overdraft facility on these cards.